Luckily, seasoning your wok is quite simple!
- Wash the inside of your wok with hot water and some dish liquid. Use a soft cloth (e.g. paper kitchen towel or sponge cloth). This is the only time your wok comes into contact with dish liquid, unless it becomes rusty.
- Rinse the dish liquid with hot water and dry your wok thoroughly.
- Now place your wok on the stove and heat it strongly. During this process the color of your wok will change.
- Once your wok is evenly heated, remove it from the stove.
- Now put about 1 teaspoons of sunflower/rapeseed oil into your wok and spread it over the entire inner surface of the wok with a paper kitchen towel.
Take care not to burn yourself!
- Heat your wok at medium to low heat for about 10 minutes. This will produce smoke, so make sure your windows are open and your kitchen hood is on. During this process the color of your wok will change.
- Remove your wok from the stove again and wipe it with a new paper kitchen towel. There is now black residue on this cloth.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 until there is no more black residue on your paper kitchen cloth (approx. 3 times) and the inside of your wok has a golden brown or black patina.
Now your wok is ready for use.
Alternatively, you can watch one of the many YouTube tutorials.
What do I have to consider when cleaning my wok?
- Para limpiar tu wok directamente after use, simply rinse it with hot water ( NO use dish liquid!). If this does not completely clean the inside of the wok, sprinkle some salt and rub it with a paper kitchen towel until your wok is clean.
- IMPORTANTE: After you have rinsed your wok, rub it well with a dry cloth! Alternatively, reheat your wok on the stove to achieve complete drying so that it does not rust.
- Before cleaning up your wok, apply a thin layer of oil to the inside of the wok using a paper kitchen towel as protection.
To ensure that the pleasure of using a pasoli wok lasts for a long time, please follow the cleaning instructions that come with the wok!